A2 Global Risk is recruiting for a Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Political and Security Risk Analyst to work in our London office. The role requires the monitoring of political and security events in MENA, and the production of daily political and security intelligence reports on the region.
Essential qualifications and experiences:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in MENA Area Studies, International Relations, Intelligence Studies, International Politics, Strategic Studies, War Studies or similar
- Three to five years’ experience in a similar MENA intelligence analysis role for a government agency or private company
- Detailed understanding of key political and security issues, actors and groups in the region
- Excellent written English and the ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively to tight deadlines
- Strong research skills and extensive experience using open-source research to conduct intelligence analysis tasks
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office software
Desirable qualifications and experiences (but not essential):
- PhD in MENA area studies International Relations, International Politics, Strategic Studies, War Studies or similar
- Fluency in Arabic, Farsi, Dari or Pashto
- Experience living and working in the region
- Prior military, government or private sector political and security risk management experience
To apply for this vacancy submit a detailed C.V. and covering letter, as well as two relevant English language writing samples of no more than 1,500 words each, to [email protected]
A2 Global Risk is not able to sponsor visa applications and candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
A2 Global Risk is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.