A2 Global Risk is recruiting for an Editor to work in its Information Services department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on editing and rewriting content, ensuring it meets A2 Global Risk’s standards for analytical rigour, consistency, relevance and integrity. Content will be created by in-house analysts and external contributors for editing. This post requires an individual confident in editing a broad range of thematic and geographic subject areas under demanding time constraints.
The Editor will also research and plan content or marketing campaigns. He/she will also support developing and tasking a network of external contributors and ensuring targeted content reaches relevant prospective clients. This position would suit an experienced sub-editor, content editor or reporter looking to move into editing political and security content.
This position will also require someone who is a tech-savvy editor and who can enhance the company’s profile through social media. They will be required to help create and manage online marketing and email campaigns, and help build and maintain media lists and distribute press releases. The role also requires someone who can assist in the planning of events, such as webinars.
The candidate will work closely with the sales and marketing department and will be expected to develop client relationships through regular engagement. The candidate will also be required to provide input into content strategy.
The successful candidate will report to the EMEA Operations Manager.
Based in The City of London, the position will include occasional evening and weekend work and time in lieu is offered.
The role will begin as soon as possible so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the U.K.
- Edit content submitted by Analysts to meet A2 Global Risk standards for analytical rigour, consistency and relevance
- Ensure the timely dissemination of content to multiple media
- Coordinate with sales and marketing teams to target content to appropriate audiences
- Maintain regular engagement with clients and prospective clients
- Recruit and manage a network of external Associate Analyst contributors
- Task Associate Analysts to produce relevant content in response to global political and security events
- With the EMEA Operations Manager, task in-house
- Analysts to produce relevant content in response to global political and security events
- Essential 3-5 years’ experience in editing and/or as a reporter
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Journalism, International Relations, International Politics, Strategic Studies, Regional Studies, or similar
- Exceptional written English and ability to edit copy produced by authors with English as a second language
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work rapidly under tight time pressures
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently and creatively outside of normal business hours
- Familiarity with UK libel laws
- Experience working at a newswire service or similar environment
- Experience managing a team of contributors
- Experience using content management systems and mailshot software
- Experience of corporate social media communications
- Existing network of academics and stringers
- Fluency in a second language
To apply for this position please submit a detailed CV and cover letter addressed to Information Services at: [email protected].
A2 Global Risk is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.