A2 Global Risk’s Information Service team is looking for an Asia-Pacific Political & Security Risk Analyst for a permanent position in our London office.
The role involves the analysis of political and security risks in Asia and Oceania, contributing to subscription information services as well as bespoke consulting and investigations projects. Where necessary, the analysts will support security consulting operations. The analyst will also be responsible for training and mentoring interns, and project managing client facing activities.
Successful applicants will possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role at a consulting firm, government agency or think tank.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and understanding of how political and security risks impact business operations.
- Excellent presentation skills and well-developed public speaking ability.
- Excellent organisational ability and demonstrable experience coordinating research projects.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Asia Area Studies, International Relations, International Politics, Strategic Studies, or similar. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an academic specialism in Asia-Pacific.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of key political, security and business risk issues affecting the Asia-Pacific region.
- Excellent written English and working proficiency in a regional language (Mandarin, Japanese and Indonesian Bahasa highly desirable).
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively in English to tight deadlines.
- Practical experience living, working, travelling or volunteering in Asia-Pacific.
- IT proficiency and familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Strong research skills, an ability to learn quickly and a methodical approach to intelligence gathering tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving, organisation and time management skills.
- Existing regional network of contacts and sources.
- Working knowledge of a second regional language.
- Solid understanding of macro-economics.
- Familiarity with social-media monitoring as a research tool.
- Prior military or security experience.
Please submit a detailed CV and covering letter highlighting relevant skills and experience to Information Services at: [email protected].
Applications should also submit two relevant writing samples of no more than 1,000 words each. The closing date for applications is Thursday 28 February but we may begin interviewing before this date so we encourage candidates to submit applications as early as possible.
A2 Global Risk is not able to sponsor visa applications and candidates must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the UK.
Due to the volume of applications A2 Global Risk receives, we will only contact candidates who are shortlisted.
A2 Global Risk is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.